Planned Maintenance Makes Sense!
Facts You Should Know
- Some air conditioning and heating problems can double operating costs.
- As much as 80% of all air conditioning and heat pump compressor failures could be eliminated if the problems leading to the failure were corrected in a timely manner.
- A refrigerant undercharge of only 10% can increase operating costs by almost 20%.
- Refrigerant should never need to be replaced under normal operating conditions. If refrigerant must be added every year an expensive leak exists that should be repaired.
- A dirty evaporator condenser and blower can increase air conditioning or heat pump electrical usage by 50%.
- Just 1/100 of an inch of dirt or film on an evaporator coil can reduce efficiency by 5%.
- Uncorrected small problems can lead to very expensive repairs.